Friday, 10 April 2009
More terrorist drone attacks by the USA on Pakistan
will lead to more refugee camps
will lead to a strengthened Taliban
and more retaliatory terrorist attacks on Pakistan
and possibly another on America
So, President Obama, listen to the Pakistani people: stop bombing us. Please.
We won't beat the Taliban militarily because we're not able to fight a traditional set-piece battle with them without causing further 'collateral damage' and further radicalising orphans. Instead, Obama should provide financial assistance to propagation mediums, entrepreneurs and people with creative ideas for engaging youth:
1) Intellectuals have to undermine the Taliban intellectually and make sure that their messages are propagated to every potential Taliban recruit
2) The Pakistan government has to establish credibility with the people by providing services, such as health care, to every person in Pakistan (take money away from insane military expenses and put them into hiring very well paid medical staff to work in the remotest areas and into paying for their protection)
3) Entrepreneurs and the government have to employ poverty-induced would-be terrorists in constructive ventures. (That's what I intend on doing.)
4) We must support people who have creative ways of engaging youth, of all classes, be it through poetry, theatre, sports, music, community work. Children have to feel like they are contributing positively to their community and that they are recognised and are able to express themselves
Thousands flee bomb attacks by US drones
Post a Comment
- Back to imthemad1's Xanga Site!
- Note: your comment will appear in imthemad1's local time zone: GMT 0:00 (Greenwich Mean - Lisbon, Dublin, London)